Tuesday, March 21

P/T Conference

Ahh.. The joys of parenting....
I'm actually hoping they will help me find some ways to get Peanut back into loving learning.. ever since I had to leave for a year in 2001 (recalled for the war) she has had more difficulty in really enjoying school. No matter what the subject (perhaps with the exception of art) she doesnt like the work - flies through it, and rarely retains any of it. She has been diagnosed with ADD - but didnt inherit my "H" - to her extreme disadvantage, I think. Its the hyperactivity that gives my brain the edg over most people. :(
Of course, it doesnt help me sleep much... but hey, thats the price you pay.

Anyhow, her father is going to be there, also - and he isnt much for encouraging competition or "doing your best" either... so hopefully the teacher will give us some pointers that he can apply when she is with him, also.
Hmm.. guess thats it. Busy day today.........